1. Explain the quote below. Elaborate on what Proctor means when he says:
- "...the keys to the kingdom,..."
- "I'll not give my wife to vengeance"
- "Is the accuser always holy now?"
2. Do you agree with Proctor's analysis of what is happening in Salem?
Proctor: If she is innocent! Why do you never wonder if Parris be innocent, or Abigail? Is the accuser always holy now? Were they born this morning as clean as God’s fingers? I’ll tell you what’s walking Salem - vengeance is walking Salem. We are what we always were in Salem, but now the little crazy children are jangling the keys of the kingdom, and common vengeance writes the law! This warrant’s vengeance! I’ll not give my wife to vengeance!